Saturday, September 6, 2008

do you remember when?


do you remember when we were young and in love?


i am home for the weekend. i never realized how much you miss the simple things until you have them taken away from you temporarily. i missed my bed so much. i slept in till 1pm today. something that i haven't been able to do since i moved into residence. the latest i slept in was probably 10am. i talked to my cousin derek today. something i havent done too much over the past few years. he helped me figure out which nikon camera to buy. i don't know what i would've done without his help today. well i wouldn't have saved almost two thousand dollars thats for sure. so now i have to patiently wait until my nikon d200 is delivered to my house. i cannot wait to start taking pictures with that thing. it'll be glorious C: after talking to derek today, we've managed to make plans for next weekend, my mom and i are most likely going up to see him and my younger cousins sara and sonya. they've grown up so much since i saw them last. funny how things work out.


despite having a productive afternoon, my night didn't turn out exactly how i would have hoped. a friend bailed on me. probably for the 4th or 5th time now. you'd think i would've learned my lesson the first or second times she did it. i've been told i see the good in people too much. maybe i am ignorant to some things? maybe i just try to give people the benefit of the doubt. my mom says that you can't trust many people anymore. i don't believe her entirely. how can you live a normal life if you live it being skeptical of everyone that crosses your path? i guess i'll have to figure that one out on my own.


i can hear the train coming by, a familliar sound that i haven't heard in a while. instead i hear planes flying over my campus building, getting ready to land at the airport nearby, where people have loved ones awaiting their arrival, or an idle taxi cab waiting to take them to their next destination.


i wonder what tomorrow has in store for me.

No comments: